06 Cayenne Turbo S

madburg

Hello,

Interested in an ECU tune for my 2006 Cayenne Turbo S. I noticed mixed answers so hope a rep can straighted some of my questions once and for all.

1) Is it a software update or are you soldering a chip on?

2) Is the original software being backed up? and can I have a copy of my original?

3) What is the stock boost set too on a 2006 Cayenne Turbo S? How much is it raised to with a upsolute tune?

4) If you have BMC filters, upgraded diverter values, and removed the 2nd Cats on this 06 Cayenne Turbo S, can you request additional adjustments to the tune? if so what are they?

5) Live in the North East (USA) car runs and gets 93 Octane, nothing lower, can you request additional adjustments to the tune?

Thanks, Max

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

first of all thanks for your posting and sorry for the delay.

1) In your case, the tuning can be done by soldering or software update. (software update is not available at all of our distributors, since special hardware is needed)

2) Yes, the original software is backed up at our servers in the HQ and also at our distributors. You can also have a copy.

3) The max. boost pressure is about 0.6 to 0.7 bar, we increase it max. to 0.9 bar.

4) therefore, please contact our regional distributor to check, which mechanical mods can be offered. We can than make a customized software.

5) We have already tuned many Cayenne Turbos and Turbo S. We have a well tested software which we recommend to install. This software is made for 93 octane or higher.

Please note, this information belongs to the Cayenne Turbo S with 521hp and 4.6 Biturbo engine, not for the new 4.8 turbo.

Sorry again for the late reply, please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

best regards

AndyR2000

Curious ---> if you had a choice between soldering or software update, which one would it be? What are the pros over say solidering over software? you'd think the latter would require less work/hassle.

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

if you have the choice, you should go with the software update. In fact, there are no really pros for tuning by OBD if the soldering is done professionally. The powerouput will be the same in both cases.

regards

ExEngineer

In regards to the original poster's question #4, could I get some more detail please? I have the exact same vehicle and am planning the same upgrades (except for the BMC filters).

Specifically, the upgrade diverter valves are from EVO Motorsports and the 2nd catalytic converter bypass pipes are from Fabspeed. My local Upsolute distributor appears to be Precision Auto Repair in Chicago.

Based on this information, is there a more preferred ECU tune that you could offer over the standard 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S tune?

ExEngineer

Anyone able to answer my question above? Asked another way: Is there an improved ECU tune that would take advantage of the improved air intake and lowered exhaust backpressure?

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,
. Yes, we can take advantage of this modifications and can make you an tailored software. The extra gain will be around 10 to 15hp and 25 NM torque mininum.

Once you decide to make the tuning, please inform your distributor about this mods.

best regards