1.8t cooling question

ecw40

I would like to hear from anyone who is, or has experience, driving vw's turbos in Europe. Doesnt matter if the car is chipped or not (mine is no longer chipped but that is another story). On a another website there is a raging debate about the need to cool the turbo after driving it. I have never heard of such a thing. Seems to me that volkswagen with all of its engineering expertise and Racing heritage would be fully aware of oil cooking and would have designed something to compensate that the turbo is going to get very hot. Otherwise they could not sell their cars because of blown motors. That would hurt their profits.

A gentlemen in another post stated that in europe, they do not cool their turbos. I would be interested in knowing what do they do over there and what oil they are using. I have used sythetic as long as I have had the car and its either 5-30 or 10-30. Right now I have Amsoil which I will change at 5k. Seems to me that if you change your oil (synthetic) every 5 thousand miles, you would not have a sludge problem. What do you european drivers say? I am curious. Thank you for your time and interest. Elliot