Chip tuning avaialable for a pre-facelift (1997) R170 SLK 230 Kompressor 193bhp?

ryanteoh

Hello,

I own a 1997 Pre-facelift Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor (R170). I've recently visited your distributor in Malaysia about chip tuning my ECU.

They did a diagnostic on my car, and identified that the ECU system is a BOSCH Motronic ME 2.1

They proceeded to inform me that UPsolute advises not to tune this ECU because it will eventually go back to factory settings.

However, I checked your website online, and it advertises that chip tuning is available for my car. (R170 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor 193)

So I would like to clarify with you directly, is chip tuning available for my ECU? (Hopefully the Malaysian dealer was confused?)

Or is it true that my ECU cannot be chip tuned because it will eventually go back to factory settings?

Do let me know. I don't intend any malice with this post. I'm just keen on getting my ECU chip tuned if the dealer was indeed, misinformed.

Best regards,
Ryan.

ryanteoh

I hope not! Hopefully someone from UPsolute will be able to comment soon.

My guess is that perhaps the tuned settings would be lost on the ECUs if the battery was disconnected / if the ECU restarted. (i.e. it would revert to factory settings)..

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

thanks for your posting. For the SLK230 Kompressor we can offer chiptuning. The increase is about 20 to 30 hp and 25 NM torque. We have tuned this car many times and the customers have been very satisfied.

best regards

ryanteoh

Hi Galisir,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give the Malaysian dealer another call. Hopefully we'll sort this out.

Is there any difference at all between tuning results for the BOSH motronic and the Siemens ECU for the R170 SLKs?

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Yes, please contact him again. If he needs any assistance I will help him. In fact the results are almost the same between Bosch and Siemens ECU, but generally the customers are more satisfied, if their car has the Bosch ECU :)