Data on PD TDI 115ps

Alek

Wery familiar background. I see there were some colleges of mine from Fred's forum before me.
Now to the business:
I believe not all data posted for Golf PD TDI 85kW are correct. I believe that compression ratio older type (285 Nm) is 1:18.0 and for newer with 310 Nm is 1:19.5. You might need to check on this.
Anyhow, I'd go for a chip (excellent price). Could it be retuned to 320 Nm/ 150 hp?

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I'll correct the database, thanks for the tip ;)
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

Alek

Thanks Alex. What about my other questions?
I've send 2 e-mails with no reply. OK, Valois told me about some difficulties on your e-mail comm. subsystem therefore well "tune" this up over here okay?
Anyhow this is in general what I want to know: your station that is nearest to me is the one at Salzburg (290km distance from Ljubljana)? There is possibility that 2 chips would be sold in a single day (If my fellow Slovenian forum college decides to chip his Passat TDI 81kW). We wander what are other features arround your tuning-chips for 81kW TDI and 85kW PD TDI(mine) like:
- torque courve?
- smoke? (delicate issue)
- trial ride? (on other vehicle perhaps?)
- references! (I want to see some info from trusted customers of yours that have chips for 81 or 85kW TDI). If I am to be an experimental mouse I want special price (even though it is already low).
You know there is abundant info on 66kW versions but nothing (nearly) on the more powerful ones.
You might consider finding representative in Slovenia? (Wetterauer has one and he is my second choice).

Alek

Thanks Alex. What about my other questions?
I've send 2 e-mails with no reply. OK, Valois told me about some difficulties on your e-mail comm. subsystem therefore well "tune" this up over here okay?
Anyhow this is in general what I want to know: your station that is nearest to me is the one at Salzburg (290km distance from Ljubljana)? There is possibility that 2 chips would be sold in a single day (If my fellow Slovenian forum college decides to chip his Passat TDI 81kW). We wander what are other features arround your tuning-chips for 81kW TDI and 85kW PD TDI(mine) like:
- torque courve?
- smoke? (delicate issue)
- trial ride? (on other vehicle perhaps?)
- references! (I want to see some info from trusted customers of yours that have chips for 81 or 85kW TDI). If I am to be an experimental mouse I want special price (even though it is already low).
You know there is abundant info on 66kW versions but nothing (nearly) on the more powerful ones.
You might consider finding representative in Slovenia? (Wetterauer has one and he is my second choice).

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Dear Alek,
Sorry for not answering the e-mails, but however we are switching to a better e-mail system at the moment, so we have indeed some troubles at the moment ;)
Thank you for your interest in our products
About your questions:
We have already done several PD engines, so you are for sure no test dummy! (We have just done one 5 minutes ago, and will do the next on 14:00...so you can trust us we know what we are doing!)
In Salzburg we have a reseller who is in good touch with us. He is with us since Feb. this year and make a verry good job. Maybe you can arrange a test drive with his own car, it is 'only' a 90hp AudiA4, but it will give you a good feeling.
Anyway, normally it works like this:
You make a date with our reseller in Salzburg. He will desolder the chip and insert a socket for easy exchange of the chips. You will get the tuned file and can go for a test drive. If you are satisfied with smoke vs. Power, everything is fine and you and we will be happy. If not you will get as many versions until you are happy! ;) But I can promise you, the PD engine is our favorite, since the power is extreme, and there is nearly no smoke! But however you can deside it at Salzburg after the Test drive!
About the references. Hmm, that's pretty hard, our main customers are not over the web (until now) so I can not give you an e-mail or a board member as reference. We have done 32 PD until now (33 this evening) so we would have a lot of references. I maybe could pass an Telephone number to you, do you speak German?
We will work something out about references..
The thing is in the US (our major online reference) there are nearly all TDIs only 90hp...so there are no references for the stronger ones.
I would like to invite you to our office, it is near Vienna, and I know it are some km more, but you could get a free dyno testing on our rolling road dynometer! Also I could show you pictures of our customers cars, that should be a good reference, since there are really some pretty nice cars (Lotus, CLK, SLK, BMW M5, Audi TT, Rallye cars...)
We are no neabies, we know what we are doing! We have done over 250 cars only the last 3 months!
If you need any further information, please let me know
best regards
alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

Alek

Dear Alex:
I liked that part about custom tuning very much.
I understand feeble german (sufficent to understand simple conversation or read technical text). Do your Salzburg colleges understand English? Or Slovene? This would be an advantage. Othervise we could probably survive with my basic German skills.