More questions

Zed

For a 2000/2001 USA NB TDI:
Your chip job seems like just what I am looking for , but---
Is the ECU opened (seals broken) to reprogram the chip?
Is the chip removed from the ECU to do the job?
Namely, is there ANY evidence, either physical or electronic, that this Upsolute mod has been done? I am very concerned about losing the warranty, having just gone through some nightmares with an *unmodified* SAAB.
Please help convince me that this is the way to go.
Thanks,
Zed

René

Zed,
There are no seals on the ECU, the chip is removed to reflash, but there is no evidence. The scan tool cannot determine that it has been modified, the chip is the same one VW installed in the first place. Let me add that in the US it is not possible for the dealer to void your warranty due to this modification they basically have to prove that it caused a specific problem.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Like Valois mentioned, there is no seal on the ECU itselve! The Car Manufacturer has no easy job to find out that the ECU has been modified. They can not find out anything with the scan tool. The car is like stock, only higher power. The only way would be to open the ECU, desolder the chip, and read the data... ;) so I see no chance to void warranty...but anyway, there is some risk (even if it is verry verry little) so finally it's your decition.
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

I agree with Alex and Valois!
When my ride was Upsoluted, I personally observed no tamper-proof seals whatsover. Valois walked me through every step and also did such a good job with soldering that the circuit board was probably soldered better than it was from the factory.
I believe he's had decades of experience with this stuff and has taught these delicate techniques to many students as well.
In short - DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!
[This message has been edited by Turbo Steve (edited 09-17-2000).]