overpressure boost sensor

sq

2002 VW TDI. Upsolute installed 2007. Recently, the overboost pressure sensor is tripping the wastegate on the turbo while under load. Even if car is in cruise control and it starts pulling up a hill, sensor kicks in and keeps wastegate open, which equals no boost until I can key the car off, which resets the wastegate. The sensor has been replaced; rechecked by shop...both electrical readings and vacuum hoses. They think there is something going on in CPU. Computer scan only shows overpressure switch has been activated. Any suggestions or ideas?

SQ

Andy1

First thing I would check is the baffle in the throttle body (has to be open) and intake manifold for carbon deposits (very common problem). The turbo is charging OK but the air gets restricted in the TB or intake, pressure rises excessively, trips the sensor and the ECU shuts the turbo down. Kind of makes sense if you think about it ;D.

Andy.

michael welson

I got problem when the accelerator has been pressed and continues to run and engine RPM remains above idle speed for 1-3 minutes but unable to start.What should i do?