Q´s about C4 - AEL -- Alex ?

CFriedriszik

Hey, I´m here too - posting in the english part of the forum. Somehow I feel at home here :D
I´ve got a A6 (C4) with the 140hp (AEL) TDI.
You get a little more hp out of the engine than Wetterauer - how often did you do this modification ? As the engine might be quite expensive, I am cautious here.
Are there any customer reports with the 5-cyl TDI´s ? High-milers ?
Do you know how much torque the drivetrain (6-speed) can take ? Is it similar to the S-models ?
Biggest question here: How about TÜV ? Do you provide a "Mustergutachten" ?
Claus
------------------
´92 VW Polo G40 - 1272ccm / 113bhp
´97 Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDI - 2461ccm / 140bhp Ad: "Why settle for moving with the times, when you can overtake them ?"
HP: http://www.planet-interkom.de/CFriedriszik

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Ok, let's do it in english ;)....
First, we have no Mustergutachten, but the chip can be made switchable, so there should be no problems at all. We made a lot of the V6 2.5 TDIs (150hp) since they are more common here. We always keep the 'rules' of chiptuning, so there is really nothing to worry about. This engine is pretty large anyway (2.5l) and has compared to it's size less power than the 1.9 TDIs. So you are always on the safe side with this engine. We have fe. BMW 2.5 TDS (good omparison..?) with over 150.000 km since the modification without any troubles...
I don't know how I can make you feel safer about that all, but I can tell you, that we have analyzed nearly all competitors (ABT, Wett, Superchips, a-h...) and we are all cooking the same soup... some are cooking better...some not... but it remains the same soup ;)
...so finally it is your decicion!
...alex

------------------
Alex
technical support www.upsolute.com

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 09-06-2000).]

CFriedriszik

But that isn´t very legal - after all the cops are quite aware that there are tuning chips out there.
And the insurance companies don´t like it beeing tricked either.
So is there a way to get the Upsolute chip 100% legally in Germany ?

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We will not offer a Mustergutachten for this engine. We are planing to make them for the 1.9 TDIs and some other verry common cars. But the Mustergutachten is pretty expensive. But however with the switch you are on the safer side, since they need to proof that you have used the power on official roads. How should they? But however if you want to be on the safest side (and spend a few bucks more for insurance and taxes) you need to take another supplier. But just a few words about the police ;) The police is a good customer of us. We have talked to a lot of them (they chip their private cars ;)) about the stuff, and they told, that power is not their problem, since you can drive to fast with a weak car, and you can keep the limits with a strong car. So the police should be no problem at all! Anyway how should the police or the insurance find out that your car is modified? Just curios.

...alex
PS: This should be really no offense, just our experience about this all
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com