APH Motor Problems??

Pilfilr

I have been reading all sorts of APH motor and Upsolute chip problems from everyone. I had mine done a few months ago and no problems yet...but, I am told it will happen sooner or later with the limp mode or other problems. Is there a fix for this?? Or do I need to switch to GIAC or APR??? All was fine when I had the chip programmed, and now everyone is complaining on VWVortex and Newbeetle.org. Can anyone set my mind at ease?
Thanks. Mark :eek:

I'd like to know this too.
I just became aware that people are saying the APH engines can develop problems.
I had mine done about 30,000 miles ago, and I don't think I've had any problems ('cept for my MAF which appears to have just gone).
The main thing I guess I'm concerned about is if the power wanes from where it got to initially. I would guess this wouldn't be noticeable if it tapers gradually.

René

We have had some problems with this model, others worked fine, this is one of the reasons why we were stumped with changes or dialing back certain maps. It is something particular to the car, we have no similar problems with 2001 and later model NB's the 2000 NB has an earlier ECU which is not as sophisticated as later models, they also used smaller injectors and require a 4 bar FPR when chipped, but if you are running fine why worry about it, it's not like it onsets after so many miles , it was apparent immediately. I refunded cars we could not revise and informed potential customers of the potential , we just do not chip that many 2000 NB; any more, These cars had a allot of issues with defective MAF sensors and Diverter Valve Failures as under hood temperature and Diverter Valve location led to early failure. The cloth covered hoses take a real hit on these from heat and age.