Volvo S40 2.0T Chip Tunning

mk_s40

Hi,

i would like to know how to chip tune my volvo s40 2.0T 1998 model (lower pressure turbo) in Australia. What has to be done in order to chip? How much would this cost? The car is completely stock with 116,000 kms or 72,000 miles and has been serviced regurly. Will it be a problem for the amount of kilometres it has?

Thanks.

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

thanks for your posting and your interest in our products. We can offer chiptuning for your car, but we have no distributors in Australia at moment. The only possibility would be sending your ECU to us or the US to make the upgrade. (We have to read the original software of your ECU, before we can make a tuned version) The miles are no problem for the upgrade. If you are interested in this option, please contact us at support@upsolute.com for further details.

best regards

mk_s40

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. Will this tune cause any problem because the ecu is from Australia? How much warranty does this product have? Will the tune decrease the engine life of the car? because i am a college student and i wouldn't want to pay for any repair bills. :( And also how long till the tune will be finished?

Thanks in advance :)

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

It doesn't matter that the ECU is from Australia. It will be the same type of tuning like for cars from US or Europe. Since we do not go to the limits of the engine/turbo, it will not give any harm to this parts.

Please note, if you sent your ECU to our HQ (Austria) we might have to pay import taxes, in this case the price would be higher. Also the time is difficult to say, since some packages stay about 1 week at the customs. We return the ECU next day after we receive.

best regards